Friday, September 10, 2010

Of Lemons and laughter

Wikipedia says; Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something to which a bond was formed. "

Multi faceted. Iwish they would expound on that. I think I need a manuel to walk me through the grieving. Because I swear some days I go through EVERY stage of grief. I wake up angry. I brush my teeth in denial. I eat breakfast while bargaining. Every stage except acceptance. I'm not there yet.

But this post, this one I started months ago, isn't supposed to be about grief, or death, or Leta. It just sort of happened.

Sometimes in your life you get knocked upside down, and backwards and you emerge knowing who your true friends are. Sometimes they are the people you would least have expected. But there you are, coming through this dark, thorny tunnel or grief. Raw and torn and broken. They are there with a hand, a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

I've been unbelievably fortunate to have found these friends this year. A few I know in real life. A few have been there for 10 or more years. Most I met through my online stillbirth support group, or OI parents support group. But ALL of them have become my lifelines.

So as the new year approaches, I want to say thank you. Thank you isn't enough. But it's all I have. Thank you, and Lemons (there will always be lemons!) And laughter. Hopefully much, much more laughter in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment