Thursday, October 7, 2010

Allow me to catch up on the days please?

Day one: My favorite song AND one that reminds me of Leta is "Baby Blue" by Dave Matthews band.

Day two:A movie that has helped or jumped out after your loss; I don't know why, but "Into the Wild" It allows me a cathartic cry and made me become obsessed with Eddie Vedders voice.
It's in my top 5 Favorite Movies. 1. Harold and Maude (soundtrack alone is killer!)
2. Into the Wild
3. Garden State (again with the soundtrack? wow)
4. Gone with the Wind (Sigh. It's just so...so!!)
5. Moulin Rouge (guilty pleasure I'm sure!)

Day 3; A television program that gets you through hard times.
Hmmm. I don't have one. I tend to rent whole seasons and get lost in them though. I like to be distracted. Desperate housewives, King of Queens, and Friends. Yeah I'm original right?

Day 4; My favorite book has changed since my loss. I read "Expecting Adam" during my pregnancy and could totally relate to the odd spiritual experiences she had during her pregnancy with her son Adam, who was dx with Downs. She refers to her life being led by "bunraku puppeteers" I can relate.

Day 5; favorite quote. I usually find quotes trite and annoying. But I love this one; "Mourning is not forgetting. It is an undoing. Every minute tie has to be untied and something permanent and valuable recovered and assimilated from the dust." Margaret Allingham

No comments:

Post a Comment